Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Belt/Disk sander reviews

wrote in :

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 22:00:20 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

A few of them are made by other vendors (some might even be
made by Emerson Electric, who actually own the Ridgid name and
make the Ridgid plumbers tools), which sometimes means a higher
spec tool.

AIUI, Ridge (Emerson) owns the (Ridge and Ridgid) trademarks but
they're licensed to TTI, who actually manufactures most of the tools.

The tool biz is really convoluted.

I'm not sure if the Ridgid name is licensed to TTI or to Home
Depot (who in turn contract it to TTI).

But my main point there was that Emerson still makes the
plumbers tools (which was Ridgid's original claim to fame).

John