Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makesclicking sounds

I replaced the oil and oil filter of the Generac today, and
much to my chagrin, I found out that the engine is a v-twin
which means it needs two sparkplugs!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7475/1...5119c4c1_b.jpg

Worse yet, I was totally unable to pull out the spark plug wire.
It's either bolted in, or extremely tightly on.
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7538/1...4571e38b_c.jpg

I was pulling with all my strength on the spark plug boots.
It has some spring mechanism, but I was pulling so hard, that
I was afraid I was going to break the wires.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8675/1...72312917_b.jpg

As an aside, some animal has chewed on the high-voltage cables.
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7533/1...95eab7a2_b.jpg

But, the big deal is that I can't get the spark plug cables off,
and I don't want to use super-human force, for obvious reasons.

There must be a trick of some sort ...