Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Belt/Disk sander reviews

woodchucker wrote in news:UuSdnf8gY4z3RRDJnZ2dnUU7-
:

I have both. They are both good quality.

The veritas have some nice features.

Agreed, by all accounts they're fine planes and the other Lee
Valley stuff I have is good. Just some of them don't have the
classic look that a plane should have.

I don't have any bronze castings, but a friend
does and he claims that they color his wood as he works with them and
curses them out.

Can't say I've observed that. Years ago L-N occasionally did
planes in "German Silver", a nickle-based bronze. I have a
#2 (which I don't use) and the small block plane in it, and
it's probably the ideal metal for planes, except for the cost.

John