Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Belt/Disk sander reviews

John McCoy wrote:
Bill wrote in news:m6i5lb01mq7
@news7.newsguy.com:

John McCoy wrote:
To back up what John(*) said, if you don't have one of these:

https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/...-block-planes?
node=4072

or something similar, you need one.

Lie_Nielsen, huh? I have "something similar"!

Not so long ago, if you wanted a plane your choice was either
rehabilitating an old Stanley, or buying from Lie-Nielsen.

I understand. I probably collected at least 5 or 6 planes (including a
block plane and a low angle block plane), all for less than the $115 of
that one block plane.
I do enjoy admiring the Lie_Nielsen tools though, and others.
Woodworking show will be coming around next month.

Bill

Now there are more choices in quality planes, but out of
habit I always recommend L-N. (plus many of the Veritas
planes are just plain ugly, whereas the L-N all look like
a tool should look).

John