Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe gwinn Joe gwinn is offline

Default Choosing a kitchen faucet

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 12:53:27 -0500, Joe Gwinn
wrote:

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

How about setback? Mine's 3", so a 9" faucet would barely stick out
half a foot. The curved bottom keeps half/1 gallon bottles from
nesting well, so I need more reach.

Setback is 2.5". The 9" spout works well.

Your sink must have smaller radiused sides.

Don't know, but running into the radiused sides has not been a problem,
even with the current 8.5" spout. The replacement faucet spout is
about an inch longer.

No, the goal is 6gpm. 1.5-2.2 just isn't enough to get dishwater
quickly.

Hmm. I was not looking, but I have not found any ordinary kitchen
faucet with anything like 6 gpm flow. One would think that this would

That was just a number I threw out there. I like at _least_ double
the meager eco limit, please. I like to get my work done in a hurry
so I can go back to living my Type B lifestyle.

The current faucet is rated for 1.8 gpm. The new one will be rated for
2.2 gpm, 22% more.

The eco limit appears to be 1.5 gpm, but that's a different part number
(the difference may be in the aerator). Perhaps it's required in
California.

be hard to control, hard to keep from soaking the entire kitchen,
including the ceiling. Think garden hose.

Nah, garden hose is more like 10gpm. But overspray is probable with
good flow.

I put too much faucet on one hemispherical bathroom washbasin. If one
isn't cautious, one gets an unexpected face wash. It's easy to open
those quarter-turn ceramic-disk valves all the way, in one fluid
motion.

Joe Gwinn