Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Tab Washer

Hey Bob,

Commonly called a "WO-#" washer and goes with an "NO-#" nut. Example
would be a "WO-5" washer goes with an "NO-5" nut. Really cheap to buy
either/both new at any bearing supply store.

Here's a chart to find your size:

http://www.whittet-higgins.com/part.php?series_id=48

Take care.

Brian Lawson.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 15:10:03 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I finally got around to putting the (new to me) quill back together so I can
take the Hurco mill back to its original configuration. Seemed like one
thing after another. Been busy with customers and family of course, and
then when I had everything (I thought) read to assemble the push tube on my
12 ton press decided to collapse. I can't complain. I bought it used 15
years ago from my dad when he upgraded to a 20 ton. I got a lot of use out
of it. I figured what the heck. Time for me to upgrade as well. Nobody
had one in stock locally. I ordered one a few weeks ago. They keep giving
me excuses, but no press. Finally, I got tired of waiting and repaired my
12 ton with a solid rod instead of the hollow pipe it had before. I also
added a reinforcing plate that guides my push rod a little better than the
original setup. Should last a few more years, and who knows, my new 20 ton
might show up some day.

Anyway, I put the quill back together today and noted that the locking tab
washer that holds the retaining nut in place is chewed off. The inner tab
is almost totally gone. I suppose I can cut one, but I don't think I have
any sheet as strong as the steel used for that washer. I figured I'ld buy
one. Only thing is I haven't a clue where. I tried McMaster, but either
they don't have any, or I don't know what they call it.

Pictu
http://yumabassman.com/forums-new/in...;sa=view;pic=9

Now, to go rummage around in the shop and see what I have that might do.