Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makes clicking sounds

In article ,
"Danny D." wrote:

The file is "9067-9.pdf" and it's called "Manual No. 98374",
titled "Generac II Emergency Power Systems Owner's Manual"
"Revision 0 (11/22/95)".

Danny D.-

I happen to have a pdf copy of that manual. the spark plug is
illustrated on page 24, item 52. According to the parts list on page
27, it is part number 72347, "D" Spark Plug.

Searching for 72347GS, it is apparently no longer available. I found
two sites that crossed it to part number 491055S. Sears PartsDirect
crosses that to RC12YC.

With regard to the oil change interval, many generators have a short
"break in" interval for the first oil change, then a longer interval
after that. Once you get it running, consider running it on fresh oil
for 24 hours under some load like a couple electric heaters. Then
change oil and observe a 100 hour interval after that.

I hope your clicking was just a reaction to low oil. If not, you may
also find help at http://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90.

Fred