Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makes clicking sounds

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 09:22:12 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/12/2014 7:42 PM, Danny D. wrote:

Generac has no clue but they said it 'could' be a typo.
All we know is that the R12YC doesn't exist.

Oddly, I have an old Champion catalog. No
such plug that I could find. Wish I was
more help.

It will in lall likelyhood be an RJ12yc - or perhaps an RN12c
The R means resistor, the N is 14mm 3/4" long thread, while a J is
14mm 3/8 in long thread, both with 13/16" hex head. An N can be
replaced with a C or R, with 5/8, 3/4, or 5/8 inch hex.
So yes, an R12Yc plug DOES exist (or has in the past). It is a non
reisistor 14mmX3/4" thread projected nose copper core plug. with a 3/4
or 11/16" hex head. - which in MOST cases can be replaced with either
an N12yc or RN12yc plug assuming there is a big enough "plug well" to
get a 13/16" plug socket onto the plug.