Chuck

Default Toxic wood

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:54:08 GMT, "Maxprop"
hurled these words of wisdom into the ether:

I'm not sure I'd be as worried about the rash, Darren, as the possibility of
inhaling enough of the dust to go into anaphylaxis. You are obviously
extremely hypersensitive to the stuff.

Topical irritation isn't indicative of a systemic reaction to an
allergen, which is what anaphylaxis is. I have a pretty severe skin
reaction to morado (the aforementioned "bolivian rosewood") but it
causes no other allergic reactions whatsoever, and I am an asthmatic.
AAMOF, the only thing I've ever turned that gave me any breathing
difficulties was some bone-dry birch, which actually just made my
throat sore.

-
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(dot)com
ANTI-SPAM Sig - Remove NOSPAM from email to reply

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget