Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Better start hoarding those 60-watt incandescents...

On 12/12/2014 01:19 PM, Reggie wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
The era of incandescent light bulbs will soon be extinguished forever.
Beginning Jan. 1, 60-watt and 40-watt incandescent bulbs will start to
disappear from store shelves.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novasco...l-burn-no-more

I saw a pile of 57 watt bulbs at a store.

Somewhere, I remember seeing an odd-wattage bulb like that. It was meant
for use in traffic lights.

BTW, most of those (traffic lights) seem to use LED arrays now. I
suppose because they last longer.

--
12 days until the winter celebration (Thursday December 25, 2014
12:00:00 AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"All great ideas are dangerous." -- Oscar Wilde