Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tom Gardner Runs Ohio Brush Into The Ground

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 08:01:00 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 12:54:12 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

The good Lord only gave me one small gift. I "see" mechanisms in
my
head, I can then draw them and build them. God didn't know that I
would
rather have had a big tool and a cute face. Or, at least look as
good
as You!

I'm blessed with being able to see mechanisms in 3D, too,
thankfully.
It has enriched my life to a very great extent. "Things" are fun!
--

Me too, but I have a lot of trouble translating what I can easily
visualize into words.

Ditto. I'm slow to form sentences concerning complex items,
thinking
that a more clear explanation is better, but it makes some Type-Aers
think I'm imbued with Downs genes. But why should I care if
10-second
pauses exist? g

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefrontal_cortex
"The original studies of Fuster and of Goldman-Rakic emphasized the
fundamental ability of the prefrontal cortex to represent information
not currently in the environment, and the central role of this
function in creating the "mental sketch pad".

It's divided into socialization and logical areas:
"Destruction of the anterior two-thirds results in deficits in
concentration, orientation, abstracting ability, judgment, and problem
solving ability; destruction of the orbital (frontal) lobe results in
inappropriate social behavior."

I wonder if one area can temporarily or permanently (Aspergers) take
over the processing power of other?
Watch the Rickover story currently on PBS.

-jsw