Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do you 'unstick' a seized Garbage Disposal Unit?

On 12/12/2014 8:24 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 12/12/2014 6:15 PM, philo wrote:

With the power off, see if there is anything stuck that could be pulled
out with a pliers. If not, since you cannot turn it with the Allen
wrench...time for a new one. Sounds like the motor is ceased.

Most disposals can be released with a bit of leverage. I agree...it's a
ceased motor.

My whirlpool washing machine motor ceased a couple
times, and was able to free it up and oil it. But,
that's a dry environment. In this case, I'd be think
to replace the whole disposal, especially one with a
ceased motor.

--
..
Christopher A. Young