Posted to alt.home.repair
Zak W Zak W is offline

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makes clicking sounds

"Danny D." wrote in news:m6f115$e8o$5@dont-
email.me:

makolber wrote, on Fri, 12 Dec 2014 07:09:19 -0800:

can you describe the clicking in mor detail
click every second?
once a minute?
randomly spaced?

I just listened to the 13 second 24MB video that the iPad created.
It's a fast click. Loud and fast. Maybe 3 or 4 clicks a second.
Rapid, then skips a click or two, then rapid again.

I'm trying to upload to flickr, but it's timing out.
(need a good temporary no-registration video upload site)

Note: I'm not sure why a puny 13 second video is 25 MB.

Can you describe the "click" itself? Was it like metal tapping metal; or
more like a "thumping"?