Maxprop

Default Toxic wood

"Darren" wrote in message

I don't know what kind of rosewood it was. I now stay away from it all
together. I am a tad paranoid now too when doing more exotic woods.

I know exactly what you are talking about in regard to the "rash" coming
back when I sweat or in the shower. It was like that way for months

after
the rash, but now I don't think it happens any more (haven't noticed it

any
ways).

To prevent this, I don't know if I would trust "barrier cream". Any

little
spec that hit my skin seemed to irritate it. I "might" turn rosewood in
the future if I had a moon suit on ... even then, I would be hestitant
because the dust \ shavings would still be in my shop.

I'm not sure I'd be as worried about the rash, Darren, as the possibility of
inhaling enough of the dust to go into anaphylaxis. You are obviously
extremely hypersensitive to the stuff.

Max