Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default Better start hoarding those 60-watt incandescents...

On 12/12/2014 11:39 AM, Reggie wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 12/12/2014 1:21 PM, Retired wrote:

Maybe in Canada, but if the US Senate passes the current spending bill,
there is an amendment in it that cancels the US ban on incandescents.

Unfortunately, the ship has already sailed I'm afraid...it seems unlikely
to me any manufacturer will pick up production from closed facilities
presuming even the restriction riders do stand up (which I'd not put much
faith in altho anything is theoretically possible in that regard)

some Malaysian factory will forego the possibility of selling items
consumers want? BAH!

Or the Chinese! Bulbs with a lifespan of two weeks and that
smell like cat pee when hot!