Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default How do you 'unstick' a seized Garbage Disposal Unit?

Have an Insinkerator(sp?) garbage disposal unit in the kitchen.

Badger 1-83A with a power cord.

The kitchen sink was not used very often, and the disposal not run for a
while, suspect rusted 'solid'

Called 800 558 5700 and was told the wrench should enable to unstick [it
did not] and don't recommend using any chemicals. Probably have to
replace. Ok, so if I have to replace what do I lose by simply trying
chemicals?

Does anybody know some way to unstick this thing?

maybe muriatic acid to eat rust, or Whink, HF acid, or ?? I tried
lengthening the short 1/4 inch allen wrench to about a foot, but still
solid.

Any ideas? I even tried the 800 ft-lb 'hammer wrench' feature of
Rockewell's 3Rill drill to no avail. May have started to strip the allen
wrench hole, though.