Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makes clicking sounds

Danny D. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:18:51 -0500:

I like our different approaches.

I like the advice.

Reading the manual, I see that the leading zero is what threw
off the customer support lady (Rachell).

The file is "9067-9.pdf" and it's called "Manual No. 98374",
titled "Generac II Emergency Power Systems Owner's Manual"
"Revision 0 (11/22/95)".

As you had accurately surmised, it has a low oil pressure
switch cutoff at 8-12psi and and a high-oil temperature
cutoff switch at 284 degrees F.

It's a 570cc engine of 19HP at 3,600RPM with a solid-state
ignition, and Champion R12YC plugs. The oil filter is a
Fram PH-3614, and it takes 1.5 US quarts of 10W30 motor
oil.

You were right that the oil should be changed every 50
hours, so, I have some 'splaining to do since I have never
changed it. Obviously that's my first task of the day, after
I pick up the filter.

Get a Wix filter , they're the best in the business - Fram is crap . A
bunch of the guys on the Sportster email list cut a bunch of filters up and
analyzed the type/quantity/quality of the components . Wix came out on top ,
and I've never used anything else since . FWIW , NAPA Gold filters are made
by Wix .

--
Snag