Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makes clickingsounds

On 12/12/2014 10:43 AM, Danny D. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:18:51 -0500:

I like our different approaches.

I like the advice.

Reading the manual, I see that the leading zero is what threw
off the customer support lady (Rachell).

The file is "9067-9.pdf" and it's called "Manual No. 98374",
titled "Generac II Emergency Power Systems Owner's Manual"
"Revision 0 (11/22/95)".

As you had accurately surmised, it has a low oil pressure
switch cutoff at 8-12psi and and a high-oil temperature
cutoff switch at 284 degrees F.

It's a 570cc engine of 19HP at 3,600RPM with a solid-state
ignition, and Champion R12YC plugs. The oil filter is a
Fram PH-3614, and it takes 1.5 US quarts of 10W30 motor
oil.

You were right that the oil should be changed every 50
hours, so, I have some 'splaining to do since I have never
changed it. Obviously that's my first task of the day, after
I pick up the filter.

we make a good team. Wish I lived closer to you,
love to visit some time. Anyhow, sounds like the
machine can use some "routine" (cough, cough)
maint. I know that my equipment doesn't get maint
on proper intervals. Sigh.

Anyhow, be interesting if this helps. can't hurt,
of course. I'd expect to find the oil drain plug
on the side, about half way back. Way down low.

I'm guessing you'll take pictures and post?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus