Bob Mannix

Default Firewood loads and weights

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Bob Mannix wrote:

Well, thanks for the info. We have the same requirements as you (as in
brackets at the end). I suspect we live in different parts of the

country if
a half load is ?25 to you :-( unless you live down south and no

something I
don't!

Yup - down south (east).... in fact a few miles outside Southend so that
ought to be south enough for you ;-)

What sort of prices are you being quoted then?

Well, the only actual quote is from the jolly nice place with the managed
woodlands, guaranteed seasoned hardwood, choose your wood even, nice
smelling fircones for kindling for Christmas (and, it has to be said,
excellent customer service) http://www.go-ni.co.uk/firewood/ and that is
£58 a half load (~200 logs). This is a little more than I was hoping to
pay - this is Oxfordshire though. Cheaper sources are likely to be mixtures
of hard and soft wood, variably seasoned I guess, but even so... Needless to
say the cheaper places (I hope) have (so far) failed to get back to me.
Other suppliers are more like 300-350 logs per half load (I think) but
that's probably because they are smaller logs. I await a couple of calls to
be returned!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)