Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default car auxhilliary heater

On Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:36:00 PM UTC, fred wrote:
On Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:09:37 PM UTC, fred wrote:
On Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:54:58 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
fred wrote:
(and no, I'm neither a BMW owner nor a 'wannabe' - I just know how to
find things on t'internet)

Well I didn't ask a BMW sales bod. but this Wiki page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3A...ries_%28E39%29

has some interesting comments on BMW latent heat devices. There is one
comment about using sand to store engine heat to be released later. This
is closer to what I remember. After all electric storage heaters use
bricks or concrete blocks to store heat. These obviously would be too
heavy for use in a car, hence possibly, the concept of using aluminium.

That article looks more like the ramblings of a deranged robot...

And for those still doubting the existence of these item 538 on this
options list shows them

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...1#post19880531

Bimmerforums? Hmm. Most be a more erudite forum than that previously
mentioned.

So now it's ok to use forums when it suits you?

Not what I said

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/erudite

Read and understand.

This forum managed to turn up evidence of the existence of this heater where your much vaunted forum never heard of it.

However, you seem to have missed the bit that it's talking about an E38 (7
Series) when you claimed to have seen this in a 5 Series option list.

*If we weren't meant to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

So for a product that doesn't exist the following are all imaginary?

http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/p...148364481.html

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/41148364481/

And both of these refer to 5 series BMWs

You really will have to learn how to do basic research.

Oh and reference to it appeared in a Haynes manual. For a phantom product this is going some.