Mike Vore

Default Toxic wood

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 06:49:24 GMT, Stephen wrote:

Question about toxicity of wood, particularly "exotic" or at least
from the far corners of the world. What are typical problems,how is
the toxin

I'm of the feeling that just because a peice of wood from half way
around the world there is no reason for it to be any more 'toxic' than
something from your back yard. Or should I rephrase that to say
'something from your back yard may not be any less toxic than..."

I have a mild-severe reaction to Walnut bark from greenwood. Dust
raised when sanding, or maybe just cutting Spalted wood carries lots
of Fungus. What I'm trying to say is to be carefull with all woods
and the byproduct of turning.

mike

--
Michael Vore, W3CCV M-ASA [Ka8]; WHIRL, ABC; CAW, CW, AAW
http://mike.vorefamily.net/omw - NEW * * Turned Wood items