Maxprop

Default Oneway remote switch problems

"W2ZR" wrote in message

In fact it's recommended for use in electrical and RF connections by

those who
manufacture them.

I've used it for... 2M

I'm surprised to hear it. I'm obviously a ham too W2ZR. All the radio
newsgroups frown on it. WD-40 CONTAINS PETROLEUM DISTIALLATES is right on

the
side of the can. Do you really want to run the chance of having a tiny

spark
and/or heat on your petroleum distiallates?

A can of WD-40 makes a wonderful blow torch to impress the neighborhood
kids, thanks to volatile, flammable substances contained therein. But as an
ultrathin flim it's as likely to ignite as is crude oil. Kerosene is also a
petroleum distillate, and I can immerse a lit match in it without igniting
it. The WD in WD-40 implies 'water displacement.' Water is the enemy of
any electrical or RF contact. It inhibits the conduction of electrons
unless loaded with electrolytic ions, and causes corrosion. Since using
WD-40 in my transmission line and antenna connectors, I've blown no more
finals due to high SWR. Miracle stuff, really.

Max