John Rumm

Default Firewood loads and weights

Bob Mannix wrote:

Having invested in a proper fire I am trying to compare different suppliers
of logs.

Is a "load" normally ~ a ton?

How many 8" logs (all other things being average) would one expect in a load
(roughly, obviously)?

Well in these parts, you knock on the door of the site office at the
local woods and order either a "load" or a "half load" of logs. A load
being the entire contents of a tipping flat bed transit based lorry.

I would guestimate a full load at being 3 to 4 cu meters of logs. Don't
know how that translates to weight.... Its quite good value however - I
find a half load will last us the whole winter and only costs 25 quid.
(although in our case the log fire is in addition to the central heating
and is only for heating one room)

--
Cheers,

John.