Zymurgy

Default Drilling tiles?

(MarkM) wrote
(ANt) wrote
I bought a Carbide tipped tile drill bit (Triangular little thing)
after breaking all my other bits on my bathroom tiles. With the
Carbide bit, it still took all my weight and a lot of sweet, some
blood and continuous drilling (800W Bosch Hammer / twin speed bla bla)
for 15 mins to put 1 hole through 1 tile.

It sounds like these tiles may be porcelain tiles that are dense all
the way through

Yup, reminds me of the porcelain sink I just put a hole through. It
took me 3 *nights* to get through it.

My little Bosch /drill/ was cherry red, never mind the bit ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.