Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chad[_3_] Chad[_3_] is offline

Default MOTs on cars that will fail next one...

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 17:02:52 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
JimK wrote:
If I took a car belonging to someone else for an MOT test to decide how
bad it is and so whether I'd want to bother, would the MOT failure
overrule the few days left on the old MOT?

You couldn't be prosecuted for no MOT. But could for driving an
unroadworthy vehicle, if it is. Which can happen with or without an MOT
anyway.

Some MOT fails do not make the car unroadworthy, except in a legal sense.
For example, an incorrect number plate font won't place you in immediate
danger when driving. Likewise, a blown bulb in daylight or a rear seatbelt
when only the driver is in the car.