Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default Backup for Well Water During Power Outages

On Friday, November 28, 2014 5:00:02 PM UTC-8, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/28/2014 7:36 PM, Fake ID wrote:
On 11/28/2014 3:10 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

My ETQ two stroke developed some really awful rod
knock after I ran it dry a couple times. Need to
use the rocker switch, and leave the gas mix in
the crankcase. Still runs, but the quiet is gone.

I thought I was helping, by running it dry.

According to the experts at Stihl, running it dry is the proper thing to
do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPRwCf6-ybs

Well, if I ever get an ETQ brand generator by
Stihl, I'll have the correct information.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

So far you haven't given any cite to any manufacturer saying to "fog it".

Harry K