Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT -- car door locks need lubrication

On 11/28/2014 7:10 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

The quick and dirty way:

After dark, go out with the car keys, Mini Mag
flash light, and WD-40 with the LRT.

Roll the window down. Lean over, look in
with the mini mag. At the door edge, you
should see mechanism. Use the LRT to hose
down the latch mechanism.

Pull the door lock and opening handle (while
watching from above into the door) to see
what moves. Hose it down again with WD.

Remit $47.50 for internet consultation.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Is the "LRT" similar to the "Smart Straw" shown here?

http://www.amazon.com/WD-40-Multi-Us.../dp/B0083V8H0I

I'm assuming that's what you were telling me to use to get the spray to
emerge lower than the top edge of the window slot.

Thanks,

Jeff

LRT are what we used in the days before smart
straws were invented.

Same general concept. Much less convenient.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus