Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Backup for Well Water During Power Outages

On 11/28/2014 5:35 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I just pulled the manual for the generator. It says to stop the engine push
the stop tab to the spark plug. Also the engine manual that came with it
shows the stop tab and tells you to stop the engine by pushing it to the
spark plug. the date shows up as 1995

For what it is worth, it is a 5 kw generator with a Tecumseh engine.

Some day I'll make a text file for this, I've typed
it so many times. You likely know all of this:

1) During power cuts, generators are high theft item. It's
wise to chain it to a tree or some thing solid, if possible
watch it in person with a large gun in hand.

2) Gasoline goes faster than you think, have more than
you think you need, on hand.

3) Running after sundown ****es off your neighbors who
don't have generators, and who want to put the baby
down.

4) Run the unit outdoors, so you don't die of monoxide,
as so many do.

Your unit probably has a low oil shut down. Please check
the oil every time you run, and keep it on the full line.
Generator oil capacity is about 20 ounces. If it's low,
add three or four ounces (not the whole quart, like
one I saw a while back).

Hope you never need this.

-
..