Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Backup for Well Water During Power Outages

On 11/28/2014 2:35 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
A small generator set is really your best option . Use it to fill the
tanks then shut it down . Most modern sets have a valve to shut off fuel
flow so you can run the carb dry , and a little sta-bil in the tank
especially if you can get non-eth fuel will keep the gas usable for
months .

My ETQ two stroke developed some really awful rod
knock after I ran it dry a couple times. Need to
use the rocker switch, and leave the gas mix in
the crankcase. Still runs, but the quiet is gone.

I thought I was helping, by running it dry.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus