Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Circular saw blade for cutting aluminum?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:27:32 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
As suggested long ago, a carbide tipped saw blade cuts neatly through
aluminum. But the ~40 teeth stock blade on my miter saw throws aluminum
chips everywhere. I've tried some modifications to catch the aluminum
chips but none work very well. As mentioned, I tried using a DeWalt
cutoff wheel but apparently that doesn't work for cutting aluminum.

Will a finer tooth (more teeth) carbide tipped blade tend to throw the
chips backwards the way they're supposed to go?

Other options for neatly cutting aluminum with a 10 inch miter saw?

Thanks.

A do not use my miter saw for this, although I can see the appeal. I found
the miter saw tended to fill up gaps and chip weld more than my table saw
for some reason. I found the table saw works ok with a 60T and lots of
cutting oil on the blade and the work piece. I never found a good way to
contain the chips. I wear a shop apron and a full face shield when cutting.

+1 on that!!! those little buggers are hot and sharp!