Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16276 Ignoramus16276 is offline

Default Antique pressure gauge

On 2014-11-26, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus16276 fired this volley in
news
it does not need a check valve.

Yeah... I have no idea what that poster was thinking... it had nothing to
do with gauging.

Ig... If you need to plumb the gauge in a pulsing line to make it more
accessible or visible, they sell "gauge line snubbers" designed to do
exactly what you want -- take the pump pulses out of the stream before they
reach the gauge.

Lloyd

Yep. I bought a snubber, put it in line, straightened out the rubber
line also, everything is nice, tidy and the gauge operates very
smoothly.