Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default OT? Security cameras

On Sunday, November 23, 2014 8:28:07 PM UTC, wrote:
Hi All

I am now thinking about installing external security cameras. I would rather integrate these with my existing setup and instead of having a proprietary box to manage the cameras and store the video, I would rather them stream to a standard file on a PC. I originally thought about IP cameras but outdoor ones seem very expensive (around £200).

Does anyone have experience with connecting coax type ones to a PC? Could a tuner card read the info?

Thanks

Lee.

Thinking of upgrading current analogue cams and DVR to IP cams, resolution is always a problem with analogue cams. Running a PC to record a few cams is a power drain and liable to stability issues.

Current set up is run in CAT5 with baluns , replacement will be IP cams POE switch and Network Video Recorder NVR, just plug into existing cabling.

IP cams are getting cheaper every day:

http://www.banggood.com/buy/Escam.html