Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default sorta-OT Small Engine stalling

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message

Okay, I burned off the spark arrestor with propane torch (it was
about
15% fouled), disassembled and cleaned every bit of the carburetor,
and
replaced the fuel with Shell's best grade with 0% ethanol (and 1:50
2-stroke oil, of course) and cleaned the fuel filter again and it
runs
like a top. The choke even does sensible things again. Thanks, all.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

A fair percentage of the time disassembling and blowing out the carb
solves problems even though I don't find a visible fault. A few times
I've found gelled gasoline clogging the main jet.
http://www.beginnerbikers.org/showth...elled-gasoline

-jsw