Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Automation Makes Us Dumb

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 16:48:29 -0500, legg wrote:

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:26:47 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I really believe this is happening...

http://tinyurl.com/lssbgwu

New College Graduates (aka NCG's) seem to have no imagination
whatsoever, with boring personalities to match.

...Jim Thompson

Lack of experience with short-term human interface is common with
software and automation designers. Never mind longer term effects.

Even those professions associated with increased experience seem
unable to consider these effects responsibly, so I don't think you can
blame just one influence on something as vague and widespread as your
personal impression of 'dumbing down'.

RL

I don't think it's just our automaton society... the education system
SUCKS... producing graduates who can pass the exam, but can't think of
any extension beyond the raw data... they can't _think_, period!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |