Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27433 Ignoramus27433 is offline

Default Antique pressure gauge

On 2014-11-23, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 09:03:27 -0600, Ignoramus27433
wrote:

I put this 8 1/2 pressure gauge on my compressed air system:

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ressure-Gauge/

It looks awesome and can be easily seen from afar.

Now I am beginning to worry that I put it in the wrong place. It is
fed by an air line right next to the output of the pump. Because of
this, when the pump runs, the gauge fluctuates a bit as the air
"puffs" in the line, and I am afraid that the mount of the needle was
not designed for that and it will fail after a few months.

Is this a valid concern and should I connect it to something other
place in the tank, where the pressure is more stable?

Yes, that's a valid concern. Is there another plugged boss where you
could mount it in the tank rather than at the compressor outlet? Many
tanks have multiple bosses for running the piping from a different
direction. Or insert it above the union on the tank outlet plumbing
at the right.

Yes, I will look into something, or other.

Also, a concern I have is that the large gauge is out in the open and
can easily be damaged. Consider putting a shield around it, Ig.

Yet another concern is that the outlet is on the very bottom of the
(white upper) tank, ensuring that all moisture in that tank comes out
in the air line. Very strange.

That is for draining.