Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Antique pressure gauge

Ignoramus27433 wrote:
On 2014-11-23, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
That is a cool gauge! And if it were mine, I would certainly plumb
it into my system. I agree about the danger in its twitching - it
would be shame to have the needle loosen.

Now, about the structure that the aux tank sits on: I am not a
cautious person, at all, but I think that it should have a couple of
diagonal braces. Not that I don't trust your welds, it would just
be prudent.

Bob, it has some reinforcement braces near the floor, you do not see
them on the picture. It is sturdy enough.

I will re-plumb the gauge into the tank directly. It looks like we
both agree on that. It was a mistake to plumb it near the output.

If you plumbed in an orifice followed by a small tank to absorb the
remaining impulses you could leave it there . Or for that matter a larger
diameter line to the gauge might be enough .

--
Snag