Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27433 Ignoramus27433 is offline

Default Antique pressure gauge

I put this 8 1/2 pressure gauge on my compressed air system:

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.co...ressure-Gauge/

It looks awesome and can be easily seen from afar.

Now I am beginning to worry that I put it in the wrong place. It is
fed by an air line right next to the output of the pump. Because of
this, when the pump runs, the gauge fluctuates a bit as the air
"puffs" in the line, and I am afraid that the mount of the needle was
not designed for that and it will fail after a few months.

Is this a valid concern and should I connect it to something other
place in the tank, where the pressure is more stable?