Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15563 Ignoramus15563 is offline

Default A huge crane fail! 60 ton boom snapped like a drinking straw!

On 2014-11-21, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 19:59:46 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:28:41 -0600, Ignoramus11173
wrote:

Scary situation.

http://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog/Crane-Fail/

Might want to pay attention to these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyp0AtsODx4

WTF were they thinking? Cutting the brace for the A-frame legs of a
fully loaded crane system?

It was not loaded. My guess is that they wanted to cut only a few
bolts and cut too many.

I'll bet that carbon arc wielder had a -large- load in his pants after
the thing broke loose. Morons. I doubt there was any salvage after
that -except- steel. Everything else was bent, tweaked, or cracked.

I am sure that they were scrappers. Otherwise it is hard to explain
why they need so many oxygen tanks.

And yes they do look like a team of morons.