Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Taking our our trash and sawing roof off van

I met a guy who needed a pickup. But they were all
priced out of his range. The guy worked for the
state fire training, so he bought a van which was
much cheaper, and used the auto extrication
equipment at work to cut the top off. Instant
pickup truck. Of course, not many people have
this ability.

Hey, hey, hey! This is a home repair group.

Most have, or have access to, a Milwaukee Sawz-all.

Son, that's not saws some, that's saws ALL!g

It will take longer, no doubt, but if the fireman could do it with the
tools available to him, we could do it with the tools available to us!

Pop a chop blade in a circular saw, get some metal cutting blades for
the Sawz-All and have at it.

At risk of being off topic, I put windows in a
work van using a HF metal shear (electric model)
and then pop rivet plexi glass over the openings
I made.

Last week, when I did exhaust work on the same van,
I find that HF brand blades are Saws None, at least
the metal blades. Just smoothed out the teeth and
over heated. Metal cutting blades from Home Depot
did the job. So, if you want a Sawzall, feed it
a real brand of blade like Dewalt. Not a faux saw
blade (faw saw?) like Horrid Fright.

Sad that his OP van died, that's disappointing.

I suspect that garden tractor will be useful, here.

--
..
Christopher A. Young