Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Taking our our trash

On Thursday, November 20, 2014 12:00:37 AM UTC-5, W. eWatson wrote:
This may be a stretch.

We have two trash containers that must be put out on our street each
Thursday. They have two wheels. One is for recyclables, and the other
for waste materials. Until recently, I could use an old 1997 Plymouth
van to put them into the back of the fan, and drive them about 750' out
to the street for a pickup, along with 7 other neighbors. Unfortunately,
the van died. Now I have to roll the containers the 750' down our
driveway and to the collection site where the pickup--paved all the way.
I really don't like rolling to the pickup site.

I've contemplated buying an used pickup truck, but I really have much
for a pickup truck. I've thought of maybe using something like a golf
cart, but it would require some work to put a fixture on it that would
hold the containers. Aside from that, I'm out of space in my garage to
put a golf cart in it. Maybe a motorized wagon might work. Parachutes,
zip lines, ... ? :-)

Comments?

Not only are there golf carts, but there are also similar small
electric vehicles with flat beds, designed for hauling stuff around
that would be more appropriate.
You could check with local golf cart or utility vehicle dealers and
find a used one. But they aren't exactly cheap. You could probably
find a used pickup for less and get even more use out of it.