Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OCS's and chisel plows

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 21:18:09 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
OT:
Whatcha planting for your bees? A client sent me a little jar of her
Lehua honey from Hawaii. Yum! Do you li'l guys produce honey for you
and do you and collect/use the beeswax? Top bar or Langstroth style
hives?

Forgot to say , I use Langstroth type hives , 2 deeps for brood and
mediums for honey production . We only have 1 hive so far , plan to split it
in the spring . I'll be selling cut-comb honey if/when we get enough to
harvest . More work for the bees than extracted honey as they must rebuild
come from scratch every time , but a lot of folks will pay a premium price .

Honey is going for premium prices nowadays.

And who knows , in a couple of years I may find it economically feasible to
start extracting some too .

At least for yourself, eh?

Check eBay pricing on extractors. I picked up a smoker and toolset in
case I ever start raising bees. They fascinate me.

--
I started out with nothing and
I still have most of it left!