Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OCS's and chisel plows

Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 17:57:06 -0600
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

I need to build well , "need" might be too strong ... some kind
of plow to pull behind my "new' tractor , and I'm thinking chisel
plow . 3 or 4 blades is probably going to be the most I can pull
with 17 hp , and I'm trying to form a basic design using some old
Chevy springs as the part that holds the actual plow blade . Basic
framework will likely be some 2X2 tubing , using some high-wheel
mower wheels as depth regulators (Isn't that how they work? Wheel
sets the depth?) . I'm not sure I'll even need to design a 3 point
hitch to use this type of plow ...

That's kind of a catchall term, chisel plow. Picture of a JD V-Ripper
he

http://www.ag-power.com/new-product/...e/915-v-ripper

If you're thinking of something like that (but smaller) it will still
take a lot of machine to pull it. It sounds like you want something
similar to their cultivator:

http://www.brinly.com/CC_56BH.html

Yup , that cultivator is very similar to what I have in mind . This is for
prepping my garden in spring , might see duty as a between-the-rows
cultivator too . I'll probably also use it so score the ground where I want
wild flowers and stuff planted for our bees . Not going to see really heavy
duty , at least that's not the plan now .
--
Snag