Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On 17/11/2014 12:58, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 14 November 2014 18:39:43 UTC, Clive George wrote:
On 14/11/2014 16:15, whisky-dave wrote:

correct.
and niether are you I suspect.
https://engineers.gassaferegister.co...registered.pdf

Gas Safe Register only accepts evidence of competence in gas
safety such as:

(etc)

You don't have to be on the Gas Safe Register to be competent.

But you do if you want to be considered competent with gas.
https://engineers.gassaferegister.co...registered.pdf

Nope. What I said above was competent with gas. The link you give there
is about people employed to work on gas, ie not DIY.

You don't have to be on the Gas Safe Register to DIY. You do have to be
competent.

You don;t need a license to drive a car either.

Correct. You can drive one on private land. It's pretty equivalent - you
can DIY gas.

"Competent" isn't defined further in the law. It's defined further for
the Gas Safe Register, but you don't need to be on that to DIY.

The safety notice placed on tne meter negates that.

I'm not sure what the rules are about the connection to the meter.
However I'd not expect that safety notice to recognise that DIY is legal
even if it was.

However the fact you've let your gas installation get into a state where
it has had a safety notice slapped on it and the meter capped is a hint
that you may not be competent.