Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default sorta-OT Small Engine stalling

On 11/16/2014 11:07 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 23:45:34 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

Hi, guys:-

I have a relativley new Husqvarna 130BT 29.5 cc 2-stroke backpack leaf
blower and it has a stalling problem- runs for some time (maybe 30
seconds or maybe 5 minutes) then slows down and (usually) stalls or
sometimes speeds up again. It pretty much restarts immediately with a
pull. Fresh gas properly mixed with 2-stroke oil 50:1 as recommended.

Cleaned the gasoline pickup, tried loosening the gas cap in case the
vent was plugged.

Any ideas?

http://images.lowes.com/product/conv...88505029lg.jpg

There's apparently no manual choke (the usual primer bulb) but a lever
that has open and closed on it- it really only runs continuously in
one position (and the compression seems to be gone in other position).
The manual (such as it is- it covers three models) is silent on what
should be done with it.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I had this problem twice occuring to a 4 stroke Ryobi weed eater. The
problem was in the carb. In both cases I carefully took apart and
cleaned the carb using the carb cleaner that comes in a spray can and
has that litle red tube that is really good for blasting the cleaner
through tiny passages. When I looked at the carb internals I could not
see where or what the contamination was except that there was a sort
of brownish residue coating various parts of the internals. All I know
for sure is that in both cases the thing would start losing power and
then die. I could do the restart thing a few times but then the
engines would only idle, and would die as soon as I pulled the
throttle trigger.
Eric
Eric

Zima carb? I think there is a replacement made by somebody else that is
much better. I hear nothing good about Zimas.