Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default sorta-OT Small Engine stalling

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 23:45:34 -0500
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Hi, guys:-

I have a relativley new Husqvarna 130BT 29.5 cc 2-stroke backpack leaf
blower and it has a stalling problem- runs for some time (maybe 30
seconds or maybe 5 minutes) then slows down and (usually) stalls or
sometimes speeds up again. It pretty much restarts immediately with a
pull.

snip

We have mud dauber wasps around. They like to build their mud-nests in
the exhaust, plugging it quite effectively. I tore the carburetor apart
and cleaned it twice before it finally dawned on me that it didn't
sound right when it did run. Felt really stupid when I spotted the
mud-dauber nest. Poked it out with a screw driver. Got so I would leave
something stuck in the exhaust port so they couldn't build a nest
there.

Just something else to look for...

--
Leon Fisk