Posted to comp.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Extreme Repair of a Burnt PCB

On 14/11/14 23:50, Rich wrote:
http://hackaday.com/2014/11/13/extre...-a-burnt-pcb/#

[xsdb] had a real problem. His JBL L8400P 600 watt subwoofer went up in
flames ? literally. Four of the large capacitors on the board had bulged
and leaked. The electrolyte then caused a short in the mains AC section
of the board, resulting in a flare up. Thankfully the flames were
contained to the amplifier board. [xsdb's] house, possessions, and
subwoofer enclosure were all safe. The amplifier board however, had seen
better days. Most of us would have cut our losses and bought a new
setup. Not [xsdb] he took on the most extreme PCB repair we've seen in a
long time.

(added sci.electronics.repair)

I wouldn't quite call this extreme...

--