Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default I need help looking for locking hood latches for a heavy duty tilt front truck

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 18:49:17 -0500, Randy333
wrote:

I am doing some repair work for a tree service company and they want
me to fabricate some kind of lock for the hoods and fuel tanks on
their bucket trucks. One of which is a Ford L8000 (Ithink). I do
not want to reinvent the wheel, someone has to make this stuff
already.

Fuel tank looks to be a 2" pipe thread with a simple aluminum cap.

spicy meatball
http://tinyurl.com/kpz9j6p
less expensive
http://tinyurl.com/kmegkeg

Hoods are tilt front style. with the rubber strap hold downs.

http://tinyurl.com/lc5622a
http://tinyurl.com/kuk2acs

overcenter locking latches
http://tinyurl.com/l9aklbu
http://tinyurl.com/latq58n
http://tinyurl.com/k7we5ln

Google searches do dot give me what I'm looking for, maybe I got the
wrong search words???

Thanks
Randy
Remove 333 to reply

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"