Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Crossover switch? Cutoff switch?

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:08:01 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

What's the switch called that you use to cut a circuit over from street
'lectricity to a generator?

And do they come in a little 15- or 20-amp version?

I just lost most of today's opportunity to work to a power outage (big
windstorm today), and spent my down-time buying a generator. I can just
toss an extension cord through the window of my office to the generator,
but it'd be nice to connect it to my office plugs instead.

try one of these @26.82$US w/free shipping.
http://tinyurl.com/knh8rrx

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"