Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Crossover switch? Cutoff switch?

Tim Wescott wrote:

What's the switch called that you use to cut a circuit over from street
'lectricity to a generator?

And do they come in a little 15- or 20-amp version?

I just lost most of today's opportunity to work to a power outage (big
windstorm today), and spent my down-time buying a generator. I can just
toss an extension cord through the window of my office to the generator,
but it'd be nice to connect it to my office plugs instead.

Transfer Switch.

I thought it was a transvestite switch.