Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT -- car door locks need lubrication

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 18:24:52 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 11/13/2014 5:38 PM, wrote:
Your ignition switch is often a good foot
from the cyl.

Which make and models are like this? I've
not seen this kind of car.

-

Almost all Chrysler products from '70 to '90, Lots of Cadilacs and
Oldsmobiles in the sixties as well as many '86-98 GM vehicles, and a
lot of Fords from '70 to '98,
Just about any vehicle using a Saginaw manufactured tilt column used
them. This includes a lot of AMC, International Harvestor and Jeep
vehicles as well as GM.

Integrated ignition switches all but dissapeared except for some of
the Japanese manufacturers up untill the mid-late '90s., and other
than dash mounted ignition switches virtually NO north american
vehicle used direct operated switch (on the end of the cyl) except for
vehicles like the Mystique that were actually european vehicles built
in North America - and north american build Japanese brands.

This may have changed in recent years., but I know my 2002 Taurus is
remote mounted, actuated by a rack and pinion. The 95 Mistique had the
switch about 6 inches from the cyl, but mounted co-axially - in such a
way it would be almost impossible for any lubricant introduced into
the cyl to get into the switch...
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus